« Books read and listened to in 2019
20 books and 22 audiobooks
December 31, 2019 • 2 min read
- The Great CEO Within: The Tactical Guide to Company Building. Matt Mochary. (Review)
- This Is Water. David Foster Wallace.
- The Great Mental Models: General Thinking Concepts. Shane Parrish.
- 21 Lessons for the 21st Century. Yuval Noah Harari.
- The Dip. Seth Godin.
- On Intelligence: How a New Understanding of the Brain will Lead to the Creation of Truly Intelligent Machines. Jeff Hawkins and Sandra Blakeslee.
- This is Marketing: You Can’t be Seen until You Learn to See. Seth Godin.
- Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers. Tim Ferriss.
- An Elegant Puzzle: Systems of Engineering Management. William Larson.
- Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World. Cal Newport.
- The Obstacle is the Way. Ryan Holiday.
- The Pragmatic Programmer. Andy Hunt and Dave Thomas. (Review)
- The Burned-Out Blogger’s Guide to PR. Jason Kincaid.
- Disciplined Entrepreneurship: 24 Steps to a Successful Startup. Bill Aulet.
- The San Francisco Fallacy: The Ten Fallacies That Make Founders Fail. Jonathan Siegel.
- The Making of a Manager. Julie Zhuo.
- The Startup of You: Adapt to the Future, Invest in Yourself, and Transform Your Career. Reid Hoffman and Ben Casnocha.
- The Alliance: Managing Talent in the Networked Age. Reid Hoffman, Ben Casnocha, and Chris Yeh.
- Insanely Great: The Life and Times of Macintosh, the Computer that changed Everything. Steven Levy.
- Lost and Founder: A Painfully Honest Field Guide to the Startup World. Rand Fishkin.
- Company of One: Why Staying Small Is the Next Big Thing for Business. Paul Jarvis.
- Becoming. Michelle Obama.
- Ultralearning: Master Hard Skills, Outsmart the Competition, and Accelerate Your Career. Scott Young.
- Atomic Habits: An Easy and Proven Way to Build Good Habits and Break Bad Ones. James Clear.
- Why We Sleep: The New Science of Sleep and Dreams. Matthew Walker.
- I Will Teach You to Be Rich. Ramit Sethi.
- The Pixar Touch: The Making of a Company. David A. Price.
- Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win. Jocko Willink and Leif Babin.
- Pre-Suasion: A Revolutionary Way to Influence and Persuade. Robert Cialdini.
- Designing Your Life: How to Build a Well-lived, Joyful Life. Bill Burnett and Dave Evans.
- Educated: A Memoir. Tara Westover.
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team. Patrick Lencioni.
- The Five Temptations of a CEO: A Leadership Fable. Patrick Lencioni.
- The Charisma Myth: How Anyone Can Master the Art and Science of Personal Magnetism. Olivia Fox Cabane.
- The 48 Laws of Power. Robert Greene.
- The Art of Possibility. Benjamin Zander and Rosamund Stone Zander.
- Factfulness: Ten Reasons We’re Wrong About the World — and Why Things Are Better Than You Think. Anna Rosling Rönnlund, Hans Rosling, and Ola Rosling.
- Trillion Dollar Coach: The Leadership Playbook of Silicon Valley’s Bill Campbell. Alan Eagle, Eric Schmidt, and Jonathan Rosenberg.
- Super Pumped: The Battle for Uber. Mike Isaac.
- I Am a Strange Loop. Douglas Hofstadter.
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap… and Others Don’t. James C. Collins.
- Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life. Nir Eyal.